Hey all,
We spent Thanksgiving in New York. Hunter was such a good baby on the plane! Our time in New York was fun, eventhough we didn't get to see Christine and Shaggy or Bederow. I enjoyed introducing Sha to Ann Marie and Aunt Beth, as well as Raina and Claire's friends. Sha took me to her cousin Jeff's twins' Bar Mitzvah! Adam and Evan did so good, and the party was fun! It was great meeting Len and Estelle and Sha's family and their friends. Then we had a sweet Thanksgiving at Woody's with Claire! It all was so much fun but it went by so fast! And really with no big incident, except when as we were flying home:
It was about 3/4 of the way in and Hunter had been good, but he needed a new diaper STAT! Sha took most of his now dirty cloths off and I volunteered to change the boy since I figured out the changing station in the toilet. All was calm and Hunter and I hung out, waiting for a free toilet. He smiled in the purple blue light of Virgin America's chic cabin lights. A lady opened and held the door for us. I held Hunter as I hung up and unzipped the carefully laid out diaper bag. I put down the table and laid a thick blanky then the changing mat then I put Hunter down. I had one hand on his chest and my free hand grabbed a clean pamper, wipes, and a cloth diaper. I unsnapped the bottom of his onesy and also undid the collar. So far so good. His little legs were kicking as I undid the full diaper. It came off and I wiped his butt. I apply some cream. No problem. I reach for the clean pamper. Bump. Turbulance! Bump...little bumps.... BUMP.... I frantically put on his pamper. Bump! "Please return to you seat! The captian has turned on the seatbelt sign" is blasting through the little room. I still have to put in a new shirt! BUMP! I have been holding my son steady but now I have to take off his soiled shirt and put on a new one. Bump! I put everything I am done with in the bag. Now I peel his dirty onesy up rolling it up so that he stays clean. He kicks and squirms but off it comes. I quickly stick his head through the new shirt! His arms seem to pop into the arm holes and I snap him in lightening quick. BANG! The plane drops then shakes. I look at Hunter and he smiles! I pick him up and hold him with one arm and I grab everything else with the other and I unlatch the door! The flight attendant looks shocked as I start for my seat. I hand giggling Hunter to Sha and I flop into my seat. Sha asks me if Hunter is OK? "Oh he is great I think I am going to pass out!". And that is how I changed Hunter at 35,000 feet in turbulence. And it was the only stressful part of our trip.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment